At your first visit we will strive to:
- Introduce you to our practice with a quick tour
- Thoroughly review medical and dental health history
- Assess periodontal (bone & gum) health
- Obtain necessary radiographs to diagnose dental condition
- If time permits and you are in good oral health, a cleaning may be performed
- Oral Examination by Dentist
- Review Dental Treatment Recommendations
Dental Radiographs: Our offices utilize digital radiographic imaging. Viewing an enhanced digital image on a computer screen will help us to better see problem areas. Digital technology also can make it easier for you to understand any dental problems or conditions and discuss options for treatment. You may be transferring from another Dental Office. You may contact your previous Dentist to request having your records forwarded to our office. If your previous Dentist utilizes Digital Radiographic imaging, they have the ability to email them prior to your appointment. We will take the necessary Digital Radiographs that we need to properly diagnose your Dental conditions. Our office follows the American Dental Associations (ADA) Guidelines for Dental Radiographic Examination.
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Treatment can often be performed the same day as the consultation, though a complex medical history or treatment plan may require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide the best care.
Please help to make your visit more efficient by providing the following information if applicable at the time of your consultation:
- A list of your current medical prescriptions.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- Your referral slip and any prior X-rays (if applicable).
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken prior dental x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, we will be happy to take them at our facility.